Thank you, A.J. Reeves, for the nomination for the . . . (insert trumpets here) . . . Liebster Award! (Dang, spellcheck keeps trying to call it The Lobster Award.)
Being new to blogging (at least regularly), it was a nice surprise to win a “major award” (A Christmas Story fans will get the reference).
A.J.’S 11 QUESTIONS FOR ME
1) What movie would be greatly improved if it was made into a musical?
Tombstone. Here, I’ll start writing it now –
I’m your huckleberry! That’s just my game!
Doc, your awful scary! Live up to your name!
Your name’s holiday so why don’t you try it
instead of shooting us to protect that Wyatt!
I’ll blast you and say “you’re no daisy at all”
then continue to annoy you as I watch you fall!
2) What inanimate object do you wish you could eliminate from existence?
Cell phones so people can talk to each other again while waiting for haircuts.
3) What is the weirdest thing you have seen in someone else’s home?
A lion tacked onto the wall. The lion wasn’t weird. The fact that insecure men need to kill them is.
4) What is the most embarrassing thing you have ever worn?
When I was about 21, I bought baby blue corduroy overalls because a girl I was dating liked them. I wore them once then came to my senses.
5) What part of a kid’s movie completely scarred you?
When Indian Joe threw the knife at Tom Sawyer in the courtroom.
6) If you were arrested with no explanation, what would your friends and family assume you had done?
Got into a fight. I have a black belt and no tolerance for men who curse around children or bully others. It’s a volatile mix.
7) What secret conspiracy would you like to start?
Certain flowers have developed the ability to talk and sing, but you must get very close to them to hear because their voices are very soft.
8) What mythical creature would improve the world most if it existed?
The Kraken, because the world never runs out of bad guys we could unleash it on.
9) You’re a mad scientist, what scientific experiment would you run if money and ethics weren’t an issue?
Cell rejuvenation experimentation to extend human life indefinitely. I just can’t get used to this death thing.
10) What’s the most imaginative insult you can come up with?
I like to stay with simple and direct insults. For instance, if someone is yelling at me, I’ll usually say, without movement or change in facial expression “you’ve been eating onions” or “your mouthwash ain’t makin’ it”, inspired by two of my heroes – Bugs Bunny and Clint Eastwood, respectively.
11) If you were wrongfully put into an insane asylum, how would you convince them that you’re actually sane and not just pretending to be sane?
I would ask them to take a test with me and compare scores. Whoever scores lowest is the crazy one.
11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT MYSELF
- I read to my daughter every night and enjoy her kid books as much as she does.
- I am the most annoying dad in the world, but the kids enjoy it.
- I revel in innocence, mine and theirs.
- As a kid, I would purposely dress nicer when my mother took me to department stores so I could stand in display areas and pretend to be a mannequin, then scare people when they got close to me.
- I always stick my tongue out slightly when making a peanut butter sandwich.
- I love Brazilian, Greek and French songs even though I don’t understand a word of it.
- I once slept in a cave at the foot of the Acropolis in Athens.
- I like the artificial smell of bananas and strawberries more than I like bananas and strawberries.
- I gaze at light refractions and rainbow glints, trying to see secret, hidden worlds.
- I harbor wild west-like thoughts of violence against evil criminal types.
- I choose friends based on their sense of humor and lack of ego more than social standing.
MY QUESTIONS TO MY NOMINEES: (As you can see, I’m big on why’s.)
- What’s your favorite scent and why?
- What’s the craziest thing you believe in and why? (Bigfoot, aliens, Loch Ness Monster, etc.)
- Describe the plot of a TV show you’d like to see.
- What would you say to your seven-year old self if you could talk to him/her?
- What was your happiest day and why?
- What is standing in the way of your happiness now, if anything?
- What is your favorite song and why?
- What is your favorite book and why?
- What is your favorite poem and why?
- What is your favorite painting and why?
- What fact or personal experience gives you the most faith that God exists?
- Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 blogs (with under 200 followers).
- Notify these blogs of the nomination.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.